A commitment to your health, your security, and your future
Our mission guides us towards caring for others and remains part of everything we do at our blood center. This commitment is equally as important when it comes to our employees.
When you choose a career with Community Blood Services, we provide the resources to help you develop and succeed both in your career and your personal life. One way we can achieve this is through our comprehensive benefits program, which offers employees and their eligible dependents the flexibility to help address their needs at different stages in life. The following section highlights many of our available benefit plans and programs.
For health and well-being
- Medical coverage at Community Blood Services starts with an emphasis on preventive care, covering routine physicals and many routine screenings at 100%.
- We provide an easy-to-use health improvement program, providing employees and their covered dependents with tools, services and information designed to support healthy living.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage under the Community Blood Services Plan extends to a qualified adult, which includes a spouse, same-sex, domestic partner or other qualified family member who meets eligibility requirements.
- A choice of two levels of dental coverage, including preventive and orthodontia services.
- Vision care coverage for a range of services to meet employees’ vision care needs.
- A health care Flexible Spending Account to help bridge the gap between health care expenses covered by insurance and eligible expenses that are paid out-of-pocket, by setting aside a certain amount of pretax dollars each year.
- A dependent care Flexible Spending Account to help cover eligible out-of-pocket expenses for child or elder care, by setting aside a certain amount of pretax dollars each year.
- Paid holidays, personal, sick, and accrued vacation days which can be taken throughout the year to accommodate personal needs.
- Paid bereavement leave.
For financial peace of mind
- A retirement savings plan providing employees with an additional source of income upon retirement.
- A basic level of life insurance coverage is provided by the company at no cost to eligible employees. Employees can elect an additional amount of coverage for themselves as well as coverage for eligible dependents.
- Employees can also elect accidental death and dismemberment insurance for employees and eligible dependents.
- > Business travel accident insurance while traveling on Community Blood Services business.
- > Long-term disability insurance in the event of total and permanent disability preventing the ability to work.
- Short-term disability benefits for approved claims in the event of illness, injury, or pregnancy may provide continuation of pay and most benefits for up to 26 weeks.
- Access to a financial planning program which offers the services of experienced, professional financial planners to help employees learn how to make informed decisions regarding money and investments.
- An Employee Assistance Program to help employees address problems and seek practical solutions to personal and professional issues.
- Jury duty leave pay.